Monday, August 15, 2005

History Channel


Check your local listings once again, as I make another appearance as a featured extra on the History Channel series, "Man, Moment, Machine."

In this particular episode I helped shoot about five scenes in two different locations. The majority of the work that I did was on the USS Hornet, an aircraft carrier currently docked in Alameda, California. A lot of the scenes were filled on the upper deck and in some bunk rooms on the carrier. In addition to that, I also filmed a very icy and cold scene which required me to be submerged in the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the night. We were re-creating scenes where members of the Doolittle bomber crew had crash landed short of Tokyo, Japan and were struggling to stay alive and crawl to shore or hop aboard an inflatable raft. It was so cold we had to wear wetsuits underneath the uniform, so my scene will show me (hopefully) as either a body floating perilously in the water as well as one that showed me struggling in the water until I flopped aboard a life raft. I am curious to see how this episode turned out. Keep your eyes peeled.

I will be home this Friday and cannot wait to see everyone.

-------------
Episode Details;
Man, Moment, Machine Doolittle's Daring Raid.

Tune In:Tuesday, August 16 @ 10pm ET/PT
It's 1942--the height of WWII. Bombers have never before taken off from an aircraft carrier, but the moment has come. Daredevil pilot Jimmy Doolittle and his handpicked squadron train for a one-way mission using modified B-25s. They're on a mission to bomb Tokyo, avenge Pearl Harbor, and hopefully bring an end to the war. There is not enough fuel for them to land safely. They know they will either make history, or die trying. In this episode, host Hunter Ellis examines The Man--celebrated pilot Lieutenant Colonel James H. Doolittle; The Machine--the B-25 Bomber; and The Moment--Doolittle's dramatic raid on Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home